Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Great Ideas

Here are a few great ideas that may help you spruce up your classroom. I had was given this really old looking drawer. It was brown and scratched up a bit. I really, to be honest, got tired of looking at the ugliness. I thought about painting it, but I really didn't want to have to sand it and go through all of that. Instead, I found this amazing polka dotted tape. If you look around my room, you will definately see spots. I really like them! I decided to put tape on the front of the drawers and it has made a huge difference on the look of it.
I was shopping for school decorations at the local teacher store. I really like the idea of border on my white board. I just don't like putting the tape on and having to stick it. Well, while I was shopping, I found this incredible new invention. If only I would have thought of this. I saw magnetised border!!
I also was online looking at educational sites. I found this sight that had a teacher whose room had all table tops and desk tops covered with white boards. I thought that was a pretty neat idea. Well I knew that I would not be able to do this for the tops of the students desks, but I could put a white board on my back table. I went to Home Depot and bought a piece of shower board that cost around $14. I had my table measurements and I had them cut it to fit my table top. They didn't charge me to cut it because they only had to make two cuts. I will say that this has been a great benefit to me and my students. When I pull my students back for guided math, my students and I are able to work the problems out right on the table.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9/04/2012

    LOVE LOVE the idea of a white board work table!! Please report back on how it is working in your class.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...